Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How to make homemade base boards

Today we made things out of the wood we purchased yesterday.


Here is how we made baseboards. Step by Step.

First, we use a Laguna Tools combination machine and we run the wood through it. Don't ask me how. I just watched.


Then you have your uncle, wearing a weird painter hat, mix the stain -- or is that the varnish, I really don't know the difference.

Then you have your cousin stain and varnish the wood you just sent through the table saw (by the way ladies, he's single). If you don't have a cousin you can substitute a nephew, or even a friend.


This is what they looked like after one coat of stain.


And here is the base board finished. 2 coats of stain and 2 coats of varnish.


Finally, you have to wash the sawdust out of your shoes...another great day.

I don't think I left anything out. Let me know if you have any questions.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I love your blog. I'm so glad that I now know how to make baseboards! Phew! Great photos by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instructions like that are important, now to make homemade base boards is an quick job with the help of your suggestions. Kudos

    ReplyDelete